One of my favorite magazines, Town and Country, feautred an article regarding the addition of decanters to the holiday table. Of course, in true Town and Country fashion, the featured decanters were a bit on the pricey side, but really added an air of sophistication to the table.
I adore the taste of wine, but not so much that I have it sitting around in decanters. I maybe have a glass once or twice per year…if that. So, with that in mind, I decided to think about other ways in which decanters can be used and displayed in one’s home.
- On the table..not only for wine, but as a beautiful vase. Some decanters are just too pretty to be kept in cabinets the entire year through and should be enjoyed throughout the year. Decanters are made to display and highlight their contents..why not use them as vases?
- Utilize as lighting fixture. I am a fan of using traditional things in nontraditional ways and nothing is more chic than a beautiful, cut glass or crystal lighting fixture. Imagine them over a vanity or over a bar. Lovely!
- Display mouthwashes in them. Why not carry over a little pretty into the bathroom?
- Neatly place a crystal decanter and drinking glass on your nightstand. Now, you do not have to get out of bed for thirst in the middle of the night. It also looks very pretty. You can also do this to welcome guests into your home. They will think you thoughtful for adding such a personal touch.
- If you fancy yourself a bit of a gourmond, you could also create and store infused oils in them. You can also store other kitchen bulk items in them if you wish. Its a matter of personal preferences.
- Fill them with deliciously fragrant soaps and place in your guest bathroom. Fold some pretty towels to lay beside them on a sterling tray in the bathroom. What a fabulous welcome for guests or even if you wish to indulge yourself.
There are many ways in which you can incorporate a bit of elegance into your home using decanters and with so many beautiful decanters at Hollidays Vintage Emporium, you can afford to splurge on a few vintage decanters. We are priced very reasonable and far less than what it costs to purchase new ones.
We hope that you have enjoyed our blog and hope that you will share with us the ways in which you use traditional objects in nontraditional ways.